BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In signing the advertisement order the customer offers to place one or more advertisements with Big Event Group ( www.thevenuefinder.co.uk) (hereinafter called "The Company") on the terms and conditions herein stated, such offer being accepted by The Company subject as is hereinafter set out, when a copy of the said signed advertisement order is received by The Company.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse to insert any advertisement, which they consider unsuitable for the website and shall not be liable for failure of an advertisement to appear for any cause whatsoever.
- No responsibility can be accepted for damage to or loss of artwork or other advertising material.
- Advertisement rates are subject to immediate revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds The Company only in respect to the next issue to go to press. In the event of a rate increase, the advertiser or agent will have the option of cancelling the order or of continuing at the revised advertisement rates.
- Cancellations- Cancellation of an advert will only be accepted in writing and subject deposits are non-refundable. We are not obliged to accept a cancellation request (which we may require to be made in writing) and will not be deemed to have done so unless we have issued a cancellation number to you.
- All advertisements are accepted on the understanding that any descriptions relating to goods or services do not in any way contravene the provisions of Trade Descriptions Act 1968.
- The Company accepts no liability for any loss incurred by the advertiser in the event of non-publication of the featured page, advert omission or artwork errors.
- The Company accepts no liability for any delay in web feature of advert, although every effort will be made to achieve the date quoted.
- The Company cannot guarantee the availability of a specific position and if this cannot be provided, any rate card difference will be refunded to the advertiser in full.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to any advertising or artwork material received or sent.
- Credit terms: Payment is due within 7 days of invoice.
Intellectual Property Rights
Reliance on Information Posted
The site contains material, comments and information submitted and created by third parties. They are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We do not endorse commentary and other materials posted on our site. It is not necessarily reviewed by us prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect our opinions or policies.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in material posted on our site by third parties and we take no responsibility for such material. We make no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or to the accuracy and reliability of the material or any content or information that you transmit to other uses of the site. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of our site.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out .You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any material you upload to our site will be considered non- confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy .We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site. We are under no obligation to publish any material or posting you make on our site and we have the right to amend or remove any material or posting you make on our site at our sole discretion, except as otherwise provided under our Advertiser Terms and Conditions.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our thevenuefinder.co.uk (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, thevenuefinder.co.uk is a site operated by The Big Event Group (we or us). We are a limited company registered in England and we have our registered office at The Big Event Group 157a Collage Road Crosby, Liverpool, L23 3AS
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our current
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any
- other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-
- bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of any acceptable use through your use of our site. When a breach of this our policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions: Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site. Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material l uploaded by you to our site. Issue of a warning to you. Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach Further legal action against you. Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.